Thursday, December 16, 2010

..The D&D Documentary..

..Most of you may already know that I have been planning to do a documentary about the famed D&D Studios,and if you haven't been paying attention to the background and banners on my page,it's gonna happen.For months now I have been talking to the owners,former staff and artists about getting involved and being interviewed for the film and everyone is amped to do it.I have also been watching every possible documentary I could find,not just Hip Hop joints either.This film has to be done right and it has to represent the true spirit of what we were doing back then.I can't even believe how people are reacting to the mere mention on this project,it's added pressure ,but I'll make it through.I plan on doing blog updates until my website for the film is up and  keeping you guys involved,short blurbs about any progress made,along with my usual rants and memories.

..Thus far I have verbal confirmation from Doug and Dave,the D&D in D&D,DJ Premier,Da Beatminerz,AG(Show and AG),Dilated Peoples,Sadat X(Brand Nubian),Hakim(Channel Live),Bink Dog,Sonny Cheeba(Camp Lo),Ski Beats,M.O.P,Heather B.,Jeru Da Damaja,Craig G.,88Keys,Lord Finesse and that's just the calls and emails that I got responses from that I'm telling you guys about.I'm tracking down a few more heads and from what I've already got I think I'll be getting more and more positive responses.Needless to say that I have already spoken to my old crew of engineers and interns,the ones I could find anyway, and people from all over the globe are promising to donate funds for the production of the film.This is quickly transforming from a small documentary about a studio in mid town Manhattan, to becoming something truly epic.Unfortunately though,I'm a ways away financially from really getting things rolling, but with your help pledging what you can and spreading the word about this project and encouraging others to pledge and donate,it will happen.

..There is a link below to my fundraising page that you can click on,or you can click on one of the banners to take you to the fundraiser page as well.Thanks for supporting the blog and Thank You for supporting the Vision...Stay Tuned..Peace...

3 comments:

Lakia said...

Congrats on everything.

Daniel said...

Sounds like it will be dope Hip Hop is in a bullshit state at the moment, with mainstream artist compromising their artistic integrity in order to make it. Hip Hop really does need a different outlook.............

Daniel said...

hip hop needs this, with the current state of hip hop due to artist compromising their artistic integrity, hip hop is in a bullshit state and a different outlook would be much needed.........